CLICK HERE FOR INDEX PAGE
V. Ryan © 2009
|1. Read the design specification for a recycling bin outlined below. Use the information to sketch three different design ideas. You will gain marks for the quality of your sketches and the quality of notes.|
|1. The recycle bin must be robust and
sturdy and be able to withstand knocks and rough treatment.
2. The bin must be stable and unlikely to ‘topple’ over.
3. The design must be interesting and encourage recycling.
4. The bin must be lightweight and easy to move on wheels.
5. The bin must have a lid that can be opened and closed with ease.
6. The bin must be manufactured with the environment in mind. Recycled materials to be used where possible.
7. Each bin must be cheap (within £10 to £15).
8. The bin will be weather proof and easy to clean.
|PDF FILE - CLICK HERE FOR PRINTABLE WORKSHEET SEEN BELOW|
|CLICK HERE FOR RESISTANT MATERIALS INDEX PAGE|