CLICK HERE FOR INDEX PAGE
DESIGN REQUIREMENTS - DVD / CD STORAGE
V. Ryan © 2007
Below is a typical parent. He is busy at work all day
and at night tries to relax and rest for the next days work. He relaxes by
watching his countless DVDs of 1970s police / detective films whilst his
son plays computer games up stairs, out of the way (instead of doing his
|1. How many DVDs
and CDs do you own ?
I own the best 50 DVDs from the 1970s
2. What is the basic size of a typical DVD that you own ?
The cover / box it fits into is height 190mm, width 135mm and thickness 15mm.
3. What is the typical size of a CD that you own ?
The cover / box it fits into is height 125mm, width 140mm and thickness 10mm.
4. Do you need to keep the DVD secure and locked away?
No, I do not know anyone else who likes my type of film or music.
5. Would you like the storage unit made from natural materials or man made ?
I want something quite cheap but looking expensive. An inexpensive manmade material will do nicely.
6. What is you favourite colour?
I like the natural colour of a wood such as pine or mahogany.
7. What style of DVD / CD storage unit would best fit your existing furniture?
A traditional looking cabinet or shelf system would look in place in my house.
8. Do you intend to buy more DVDs or CDs
Yes I intend to by 1980s films next.
(List more questions that you consider need adding to the ones above.)
ADD FOUR MORE QUESTIONS YOU THINK A DESIGNER WOULD ASK:
|EG. Would you like doors or a lid on the storage unit ?|
|CLICK HERE FOR RESISTANT MATERIALS INDEX PAGE|