Imagine the legal age of driving has been lowered to your age. However,
there is a catch. You can only drive a car that you have designed.
Draw the car of your dreams. It could be battery powered, or have six
wheels. It could have a special, personalised number plate. It should
have the colour scheme that reflects your personality. How many gears
will it have ? What is its top speed ?
It may have special features such as auto-pilot so that you can sleep as
it drives you to school. It may have massive bumpers that cushions the
car if it is involved in a crash. It could have special markings down
its sides or have an ejector seat (just in case you want to encourage
the person in the passenger seat to get out of the car).
Draw the car from the side, front and back. Label and describe special
Draw the interior of the car, especially the dash board.
1. Research environmentally friendly cars on the internet and collect
images of the ones you like. Paste the pictures on to an A4 sized piece
2. Add notes that explain what you like about each of the cars. You may
wish to explain the features that you like.
3. Now consider your own car design. Draw two rough designs and add
notes that explain your ideas for each car.
4. Select your best design. Draw your design accurately and add colour
5. Add labels that clearly identify all the features of your car.
To achieve a high grade:
Produce a good range of research and include detailed notes.
Draw two rough designs clearly and explain each design.
Produce an accurate colour rendered drawing of your final idea,
identifying all the features of your car.