CLICK HERE FOR INDEX PAGE
MORE ADVANTAGES OF A 3D MODELLING
V. Ryan © 2006
1. Complete 3D
models can be manufactured including those with hollow parts that could
not possibly be made by hand in one piece, even by the most skilled
engineer or craftsperson. Parts such as bearings, engineering parts and
complex working models can be manufactured.
1. What are the advantages of making an accurate model of a prototype using a 3D printer?
2. Draw a simplified sequence drawing of the stages involved in making a prototype using a machine such as the Z310 3D printer (from Z-Corporation). Add notes to help explain each stage.
3. What is the meaning of the term C.A.D. ?
4. How does making a 3D model of a product help a design team develop the product?
5. Research 3D modelling machines using the internet. Collect information such as the cost of machines, where they are made and what they are capable of producing. Include pictures/photographs.
6. Do you think that sometimes there is no need to use an expensive piece of equipment such as a 3D printer to make a model? Explain your answer.
|CLICK HERE FOR CAD / CAM INDEX PAGE|