CLICK HERE FOR INDEX PAGE
HOW A PHOTOCOPIER WORKS
V. Ryan © 2002 - 2021
|PDF FILE - CLICK HERE FOR PRINTABLE WORKSHEET
We have all used photocopiers and they are a modern way of printing copies of pages or entire documents. Companies, schools, businesses and individuals use them on a regular basis. But how do they work ?
1. The master copy is placed face down on the glass top of the photocopier.
2. An intense beam of light runs along the top of the copier shining onto the paper master copy.
3. The light reflects from the white surface onto a positively charged rotation drum and the drum loses its positive charge - only on the illuminated parts of the surface.
4. Toner is attracted onto the remaining positively charged parts of the surface, as the drum rotates.
5. As the drum pulls the copier paper through the machine, the toner is transferred to the paper.
6. The copied master sheet is ejected from the machine. The toner can be seen as it is now text and pictures on the paper.
|DIAGRAM OF A PHOTOCOPIER IN ACTION
Laser printers work in the same way as a photocopier. This is why they are more accurate than inkjet printers and generally cheaper to run.
aid of simple diagrams and notes, explain how a photocopier works.