CLICK HERE FOR INDEX PAGE
STORAGE UNIT FOR COMPUTER GAMING EQUIPMENT
V. Ryan © 2014
|PDF FILE - CLICK HERE FOR QUESTION SHEET|
1. Write three design requirements of a storage unit for computer gaming equipment. Include an explanation for each of your requirements.
Requirement: The storage unit should be designed/manufactured to protect the contents.
Explanation: Protection of the contents is a key design requirement, especially if the contents are expensive or easily damaged.
The container should be stylish and aesthetically pleasing. The unit could be designed with a particular design movement in mind.
If the unit is based on a design movement, it will appeal to a wide range of potential customers. The unit could be made available in a range of styles stipulated by the customer. Design Movements such as ‘Memphis’ or ‘Bauhaus’, will inspire a really good stylish design.
The container should be transportable, allowing safe and easy carrying of its contents. A handle or wheels will aid transportability.
Adding wheels or handles will help the user, when the storage unit is to be moved, either to another room or to a friends house.
Good ergonomic design is essential.
Ergonomic design is desirable, so that the container can be transported and held comfortably. Good ergonomic design will also help ensure that the container is safe to transport.
|MORE POSSIBLE REQUIREMENTS|
|1. Must be of a thorough/strong
2. It should be possible to manufacture the container in large qualities or to batch produce.
3. All the designs must be safe for the user.
4. Must be long lasting and durable.
5. It could be designed to help organise/marshall its contents.
6. Should keep the games equipment secure
7. Recycled or sustainable materials should be considered.
8. The container should keep the contents clean and dust free.
|CLICK HERE FOR RESISTANT MATERIALS INDEX PAGE|