CLICK HERE FOR INDEX PAGE
HOW TO DEVELOP A SPECIFICATION BY ANALYSING THE DESIGN BRIEF
V. Ryan © 2011-2017
PDF FILE - CLICK HERE FOR PRINTABLE WORKSHEET
14. A Design Brief is normally written by a customer / client. The
designer then analyses the brief and writes a list of specific, relevant
sentences relating to the design. This is called the specification. The
designer constantly refers to the sentences, when designing. They help
prevent him / her straying too far from what the customer / client wants.
A leading Technology Manufacturer has approached you to design an MP3 docking station (including speakers), for the teenage market. The speakers must be innovative and imaginative, so that young people find them interesting.
1. The MP3 docking station must be within 450 X 400 X 400mm in size.
2. It must be either retro or modern in design.
3. It must appeal to teenagers.
4. It must allow the most popular types of MP3 player to dock with it.
5. It must be available in a range of colours / textures.
6. The purchase price must be less than £70.
7. It must be robust and strong.
8. It should have a range of features including: Remote Control, volume, bass, treble, loop play, continuous play, random play, favourites, USB connectivity.
|Write further specification points in the space below:|
|CLICK HERE FOR RESISTANT MATERIALS INDEX PAGE|