CLICK HERE FOR INDEX PAGE
THE DESIGN SPECIFICATION - PICNIC FURNITURE
V. Ryan © 2008
Having asked all the important questions, the designer can now write a design specification. The specification is a list of factors that the design must satisfy. This information can be used as a reference when drawing ideas, to ensure that all the clients needs are considered. The designers specification is seen below.
|1. The furniture
must include at least two chairs and a table
2. It must be possible to fold all the furniture with ease, ready for transportation in an average family car.
3.The furniture must be stylish and interesting.
4. Each individual piece of furniture must be lightweight so that even a child can carry it with ease.
5. The folding mechanisms must be as safe as possible.
6. All furniture must be manufactured with the environment in mind. Recycled materials to be used where possible.
7. The set of furniture must cost no more than fifty pounds in total.
8. The furniture will be weather proof and easy to clean.
At this point other points may be added such as;
9. It will be safe to use as it will not have sharp edges. It will satisfy British and European safety standards.
10. A choice of furniture will be available for potential customers
11. It will be manufactured in a range of colours/shades.
12. It will be possible to add further pieces of furniture to the set, keeping to the same style.
13. Both adult and childrens sizes will be available for potential customers.
|Can you think of any more points that need adding to the specification ? List them below.|
|Write five points that you think are the most important to be included in a specification for the picnic furniture.|
|CLICK HERE FOR RESISTANT MATERIALS INDEX PAGE|