CLICK HERE FOR INDEX PAGE
PRODUCT ANALYSIS EXERCISE- DVD STORAGE
V. Ryan © 2007-2017
Look at the traditional DVD / CD storage unit seen below. It is manufactured from a manmade wood based material called MDF and has been veneered so that it looks as if constructed from expensive natural wood called beech. It will hold at least 50 DVDs or CDs.
You are to carry out a product analysis of the DVD / CD storage unit. Write a sentence or more alongside the prompts.
WHAT PRODUCT ANALYSIS TELLS US ABOUT THE DVD STORAGE UNIT
2. Estimated height, width and depth:
3. Strength and resistance to knocks:
4. Specific wood based material used:
5. Estimated number of DVDs possibly stored?
6. Stability / balance:
8. Manufacturing processes:
9. Overall style / design:
10. Efficient use of space / inefficient use of space.
11. Layout of shelves:
12. Estimated cost in the shops:
|DESIGN / PRODUCT IMPROVEMENTS|
|Now that you have carried out your own product analysis, describe a few design improvements.|
|CLICK HERE FOR RESISTANT MATERIALS INDEX PAGE|