CLICK HERE FOR INDEX PAGE
REVISION CARDS - ONE OFF PRODUCTION - SINGLE ITEM PRODUCTION - JOBBING PRODUCTION
V. Ryan © 2014
|PDF FILE - CLICK HERE FOR PRINTABLE WORKSHEET|
WHAT IS ONE OFF PRODUCTION?
One off production is the manufacture of a single product/item.
This can include large scale projects, such as a bridge, ship, stadium, multi-storey building or tower, Other examples of one offs are - specialist jewellery, made to measure clothing, bespoke furniture and many more.
Specialist companies manufacturing ‘one offs’, usually employ skilled staff.
EXAMPLE - ONE OFF PRODUCT
CHARACTERISTICS OF ONE OFF PRODUCTION
1. Small specialist companies.
2. A skilled workforce - eg. engineering / cabinet making.
3. Specialist materials often used.
eg. specialist modelling materials.
4. High quality products manufactured.
5. Products expensive, due to the level of skill required to manufacture them and cost of specialist materials.
6. A high standard of quality control.
7. Products manufactured for a specialist market / clientele.
ONE OFF PRODUCTS
|1. What is One Off / Single Item production ? 4 marks|
|2. Name and describe a ‘one off’ product (perhaps one you have manufactured or would like to manufacture). 4 marks|
|CLICK HERE FOR RESISTANT MATERIALS INDEX PAGE|