|CLICK HERE FOR INDEX PAGE|
|ADJUSTABLE PRODUCTS - REVISION CARDS|
|V. Ryan © 2013|
|PDF FILE - CLICK HERE FOR PRINTABLE WORKSHEET|
Many products are designed so that they are adjustable. A selection are shown below.
WHY ARE SOME PRODUCTS ADJUSTABLE?
1. The product can be used by a wide range of users.
2. It can be sold to more customers.
3. The product will be more comfortable to use because it can be adjusted.
4. Health and safety issues are reduced. E.G. a table with height adjustment will reduce the possibility of back pain.
5. The same product can have multiple users, as it can be adjusted to suit all their needs.
An adjustable table can be set to different heights
AN ADJUSTABLE OFFICE CHAIR
This office chair can be adjusted in many ways to suit a range of potential users.
The seat can be raised and lowered.
The angle and height of the back can be adjusted.
Arm rests can be adjusted by height.
The wheels allow for comfortable movement.
Including adjustments to this chair has ensured that it is suitable to a wide range of people. This is called ‘inclusive design’.
|1. Name three adjustable products. 3 marks|
|2. Describe three reasons for some products being adjustable. 3 marks|
|3. Name / describe a product that can be adjusted. Explain how it is adjustable. 4 marks|
|CLICK HERE FOR PRODUCT DESIGN INDEX PAGE|