|CLICK HERE FOR INDEX PAGE|
TRAINING / EDUCATING STAFF ABOUT
THE IMPORTANCE OF REDUCING WASTE
|V. Ryan © 2009|
|PDF FILE - CLICK HERE FOR PRINTABLE WORKSHEET|
|Forward thinking companies, especially manufacturing companies, train staff to appreciate the importance of reducing waste. If staff are not trained in this important area they will not be aware of the cost of wasteful practices, such as throwing away reusable materials. Staff training is part of Continuous Improvement.|
|Staff need to be:
1. Able to recognise which materials are reusable.
2. Aware of the cost of materials used to manufacture the product being made in their factory.
3. Aware of the importance of conservation and how being wasteful on the production line contributes to pressure on the environment.
4. Aware of how being wasteful adds to the cost of manufacture and the cost of the product they make.
5. Aware of the need to reuse or recycle as much as possible and how this benefits the company and them as employees.
6. Aware that their customers are increasingly selecting the products they buy on grounds of how environmentally friendly they are.
7. Aware the reducing waste is part of a global move towards protecting the environment.
|CLICK HERE FOR PRODUCT DESIGN INDEX PAGE|